1. Arbo B, Hoppe J, Rodrigues K, Garcia-Segura L, Salbego C, Ribeiro M. 4′-Chlorodiazepam is neuroprotective against amyloid-beta in organotypic hippocampal cultures. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2017; 171: 281- 287.
2. Lee D-H, Kim C-S, Lee YJ. Astaxanthin protects against MPTP/MPP+-induced mitochondrial dysfunction and ROS production in vivo and in vitro. Food Chem Toxicol. 2011; 49: 271- 280.
3. Brizio P, Benedetto A, Righetti M, Prearo M, Gasco L, et al. Astaxanthin and canthaxanthin (xanthophyll) as supplements in rainbow trout diet: in vivo assessment of residual levels and contributions to human health. J Agric Food Chem. 2013; 61: 10954- 10959
4. Ribeiro D, Freitas M, Silva AM, Carvalho F, Fernandes E. Antioxidant and pro-oxidant activities of carotenoids and their oxidation products. Food Chem Toxicol. 2018; 120: 681- 699.
5. Widomska J, Subczynski WK. Mechanisms enhancing the protective functions of macular xanthophylls in the retina during oxidative stress. Exp Eye Res. 2018; 4835 (18): 30210- 30220.
6. Satomi Y. Antitumor and cancer-preventative function of fucoxanthin: a marine carotenoid. Anticancer Res. 2017; 37 (4): 1557- 1562.
7. Guerin M, Huntley ME, Olaizola M. Haematococcus astaxanthin: applications for human health and nutrition. Trends Biotechnol. 2003; 21 (5): 210- 216.
8. Chew BP, Park JS. Carotenoid action on the immune response. J Nutr. 2004; 134 (1): 257S- 261S.
9. Shin J, Kim J-E, Pak K-J, Kang JI, Kim T-S, et al. A Combination of soybean and haematococcus extract alleviates ultraviolet B- induced photoaging. Int J Mol Sci. 2017; 18 (3): 1- 8.
10. Debacq-Chainiaux F, Erusalimsky JD, Campisi J, Toussaint O. Protocols to detect senescence-associated beta-galactosidase (SA-βgal) activity, a biomarker of senescent cells in culture and in vivo. Nat Protoc. 2009; 4 (12): 1798- 1806.
11. Tung Y-C, Tsai M-L, Kuo F-L, Lai C-S, Badmaev V, et al. Se-methyl-L-selenocysteine induces apoptosis via endoplasmic reticulum stress and the death receptor pathway in human colon adenocarcinoma COLO 205 cells. J Agric Food Chem. 2015; 63 (20): 5008- 5016.
12. Liu X, Yamada N, Osawa T. Assessing the neuroprotective effect of antioxidant food factors by application of lipid-derived dopamine modification adducts. Methods Mol Biol. 2010; 594: 263- 273.
13. Ikeda Y, Tsuji S, Satoh A, Ishikura M, Shirasawa T, Shimizu T. Protective effects of astaxanthin on 6‐hydroxydopamine‐induced apoptosis in human neuroblastoma SH‐SY5Y cells. J Neurochem. 2008; 107 (6): 1730- 1740.
14. Sowmya PR-R, Arathi BP, Vijay K, Baskaran V, Lakshminarayana R. Astaxanthin from shrimp efficiently modulates oxidative stress and allied cell death progression in MCF-7 cells treated synergistically with β-carotene and lutein from greens. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017; 106 (Pt A): 58- 69.
15. Douraghi-Zadeh D, Matharu B, Razvi A, Austen B. The protective effects of the nutraceutical, colostrinin, against Alzheimer’s disease, is mediated via prevention of apoptosis in human neurones induced by aggregated β-amyloid. J Nutr Health Aging. 2009; 13 (6): 522- 527.
16. Liao K-S, Wei C-L, Chen J-C, Zheng H-Y, Chen W-C, et al. Astaxanthin enhances pemetrexed-induced cytotoxicity by downregulation of thymidylate synthase expression in human lung cancer cells. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2016; 81: 353- 361.
17. Wu C, Zhang J, Liu T, Jiao G, Li C, Hu B. Astaxanthin inhibits proliferation and promotes apoptosis of A549 lung cancer cells via blocking JAK1/STAT3 pathway. Chinese J Cell Mol Immun. 2016; 32: 784- 788.
18. Namsi A, Nury T, Hamdouni H, Yammine A, Vejux A, et al. Induction of neuronal differentiation of murine N2a cells by two polyphenols present in the mediterranean diet mimicking neurotrophins activities: resveratrol and apigenin. Diseases J. 2018; 6 (3): pii: E67.
19. Rittié L, Fisher GJ. UV-light-induced signal cascades and skin aging. Ageing Res Rev. 2002; 1 (4): 705- 720.
20. Redfern C, Lovat P, Malcolm A, Pearson A. Gene expression and neuroblastoma cell differentiation in response to retinoic acid: differential effects of 9-cis and all-trans retinoic acid. Eur J Cancer. 1995; 31A (4): 486- 494.
21. Chu PW, Cheung WM, Kwong YL. Differential effects of 9-cis, 13-cis and all-trans retinoic acids on the neuronal differentiation of human neuroblastoma cells. Neuroreport. 2003; 14 (15): 1935- 1939.
22. Fujimura M, Usuki F. Methylmercury induces oxidative stress and subsequent neural hyperactivity leading to cell death through the p38 MAPK-CREB pathway in differentiated SH-SY5Y cells. Neurotoxicology. 2018; 67: 226- 233.
23. Chen J, Kelly PT. Retinoic acid stimulates α-CAMKII gene expression in PC12 cells at a distinct transcription initiation site. J Neurosci. 1996; 16 (18): 5704- 5714.
24. Shioda N, Fukunaga K. Physiological and pathological roles of CaMKII-PP1 signaling in the brain. Int J Mol Sci. 2017; 19 (1): pii: E20.