1. Rector RS, Warner SO, Liu Y. Exercise and diet induced weight loss improves measures of oxidative stress and insulin sensitivity in adults with characteristics of the metabolic syndrome. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2007; 293 (2): E500- 506.
2. Melissa L, Brown L, Lara Bonomi L. Follistatin and follistatin like-3 differentially regulate adiposity and Glucose homeostasis. Obesity. 2011; 19: 1940- 1949.
3. Groven KS, Engelsrud G. Dilemmas in the process of weight reduction: Exploring how women experience training as a means of losing weight. Int J Qual Stud Health Wellbeing. 2010; 5 (2): 10.
4. Kim YJ, Kim KY, Kim MS, Lee JH, Lee KP, Park T. A mixture of the aqueous extract of Garcinia cambogia, soy peptide and L-carnitine reduces the accumulation of visceral fat mass in rats rendered obese by a high fat diet. Genes Nutr. 2008; 2: 353- 358.
5. Pedersen BK, Febbraio MA. Muscle as an endocrine organ: focus on muscle-derived interleukin-6. Physiol Rev. 2008; 88: 1379- 1406.
6. Gleeson M. Immune function in sport and exercise. Philadelphia: Elsevier. 2006.
7. Valbrg CE, Duffield R, Drinkwater EJ. Effects of low-and moderate- intensity activity for long-term exercise on IL-6, C-reactive protein. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2010; 42: 304- 313.
8. Ostrowski K , Hermann C , Bangash A, et al. Trauma-like elevation of plasma cytokines in humans in response to treadmill running. J Physiol. 1998; 513 (3): 949- 953.
9. Rao G. Insulin resistance syndrome. Am Fam Physician. 2001; 63 (6): 1159- 1163.
10. Yudkin JS, Stehouwer CD, Emeis JJ, Coppack SW. Creactive protein in healthy subjects: associations with obesity, insulin resistance, and endothelial dysfunction: a
potential role for cytokines originating from adipose tissue?. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1999; 19: 972- 978.
11. Zirlik A, Abdullah SM, Gerdes N, MacFarlane M, Scho¨nbeck U, Khera A, et al. Interleukin-18, the Metabolic Syndrome, and Subclinical Atherosclerosis: results from the Dallas Heart Study. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007; 27: 2043- 2049.
12. Zhang YF, Yang YS, Hong J, Gu WQ, Shen CF, Xu M, et al. Elevated serum levels of interleukin- 18 are associated with insulin resistance in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Endocrine. 2006; 29: 419- 423.
13. Kim JH, Bachmann RA, Chen J. Interleukin-6 and insulin resistance. Vitam Horm. 2009; 80: 613- 633.
14. Yudkin JS, Stehouwer CD, Emeis JJ, Coppack SW. Creactive protein in healthy subjects: associations with obesity, insulin resistance, and endothelial dysfunction: a potential role for cytokines originating from adipose tissue? Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1999; 19: 972- 978.
15. Ghanbari-Niaki A, Bergeron R, Latour MG, Lavoie JM. Effects of physical exercise on liver ATP levels in fasted and phosphate-injected rats. Arch Physiol Biochem 1999; 107 (5): 393- 402.
16. Yoshida H, Ishikawa T, Suto M, Kurosawa H, Hirowatari Y, Ito K, et al. Effects of supervised aerobic exercise training on serum adiponectin and parameters of lipid and glucose metabolism in subjects with moderate dyslipidemia. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2010; 17 (11): 1160- 1166.
17. Greenberg CC, Jurczak MJ, Danos AM, Brady MJ. Glycogen branches out: new perspectives on the role of glycogen metabolism in the integration of metabolic pathways. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2006; 291 (1): E1- 8.
18. Sugawara J, Hayashi K, Kurachi S, Tanaka T, Yokoi T, Kurachi K. Age-related effects of regular physical activity on hemostatic factors in men. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2008; 26: 203- 210.
19. Bente Klarlund P. Exercise and cytokines. Immun Cell Biol. 2000; 78: 532- 535.
20. Sugiura H, Nishida H, Mirbod S. Immunomodulatory action of chronic exercise on macrophage and lymphocyte cytokine production in mice. Acta Physiol Scand. 2002; 174: 247- 256.
21. Yano H, Kinoshita S, Kira S. Effects of acute moderate exercise on the phagocytosis of Kupffer cells in rats. Acta Physiol Scand. 2004; 182: 151- 160.
22. Pedersen BK, Hoffman-Goetz L. Exercise and the immune System: regulation integration and adaptation .Physiol Rev. 2000; 80 (3): 1055- 1081.
23. Peake JM, Suzuki K, Hordern M, Wilson G, Nosaka K, Coombes JS. Plasma cytokine changes in relation to exercise intensity and muscle damage. Eur J Applphysiol. 2005; 95: 514- 521.
24. Smith LL. Changes in serum cytokines after repeated bouts of downhill running. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2007; 32 (2): 233- 240.
25. Pedersen BK, Steensburg A, Keller P, Keller C, Fischer C, Hiscock N, et al. Muscle-derived interleukin-6 Lipolytic, anti-inflammatory and immumeregulatory effects. Pflugers Arch. 2003; 446: 9- 16.
26. Pedersen BK. The anti-inflammatory effect of exercise: its role in diabetes and cardiovascular disease control. Essays Biochem. 2006; 42: 105- 117.
27. Maclean PS, Zheng D, Jones JP. Exercise induced transcription of the muscle glucose transporter (GLUT4) gene. Biochem Biophys Res Com. 2008; 292: 409- 414.
28. Yoshida H, Ishikawa T, Suto M, Kurosawa H, Hirowatari Y, Ito K, et al. Effects of supervised aerobic exercise training on serum adiponectin and parameters of lipid and glucose metabolism in subjects with moderate dyslipidemia. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2010; 17 (11): 1160- 1166.
29. Kadoglou NP, Iliadis F, Liapis CD, Perrea D, Angelopoulou N, et al. Beneficial effects of combined treatment with rosiglitazone andexercise on cardiovascular risk factors in patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2007; 30: 2242- 2244.
30. Gallistl S. Changes in serum interleukin-6 concentration in obese children and adolescents during a weight reduction program. Int Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2001; 25 (11): 1640- 1643.
31. Esposito K. Association of low interleukin-10 levels with the metabolic syndrome in obese women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003; 88: 1055- 1058.